We received a few of inquiries about our renewal policy for the next year and more specifically about the domain renewal policy:
We offer free domain registration with any hosting package you purchase. However this offer is for the 1st year only and from the 2nd year the domain renewal charges are applied.
Offering free domain registration the 1st year helps us advertise our products to the customers at cheaper price so the clients are able to use and test our services.
The fact that we offer free domain registration does not mean that we register the domain free of charge. In-fact domain registration cost us more than Rs. 1000 PKR per domain (you can see our domain prices here). So for a Plan I with Rs. 1700 for example, the 1st year we offer whole year of services including server uptime / support and maintenance etc all at PKR Rs. 700 (1000 goes to domain registration). Which comes to less than 70 / month. As you can see it will be difficult for any hosting company to provide reliable servers and support at this cost.
Note: There are some companies who will offer free domain renewals as well but they advertise it as as ‘Free for Life Domain‘ or just ‘Free Domain‘. However you can be sure these companies will either have some hidden charges or will provide low quality support / services as those extra Rs. 1,000 will need to come from somewhere!
So even though you are paying a little extra but this saves you from a year worth of tickets and phone calls for frequent downtimes / slow loading sites and other support issues.
Hope above discussion will explain the situation and help you decide better.
Note: If you register more than 5 domains from us in the year, we will be able to offer you a discount of PKR Rs. 350 on your renewal invoices.
Some scary yet true facts about data backup:
- All hard drives will crash during their lifetime
- More than 1 in 10 laptops will be stolen in their lifetime
- A laptop is stolen every 53 seconds
- Every year 46% of computer users lose their music, photos, and documents
- 50% of all hard drives will crash within 5 years
- 89.1% of PC users don’t perform regular backups
- A recent study from Gartner, Inc., found that 90 percent of companies that experience data loss go out of business within two years.
- 70 percent of companies go out of business after a major data loss
These shocking facts prompted me to remind you to backup your data and also to explain our policy on client backups. So here it goes:
- We use the famous R1Soft CDP backups to take backups of each of our servers daily for last 10 days. So normally we are able to restore your site to anytime in the last 10 days in case you lose your data or your site gets hacked etc.
- All our servers are RAID-1 protected to handle any hard disk crashes.
Please note that although daily backups of your accounts are taken, it is NOT something you can rely on and there is no guarantee of backup availability in the unfortunate event when your data is lost.
You MUST backup your data, databases and emails periodically on your local machine or other online cloud based backup service (links given below) to be safe at your end.
With cPanel control panels, you also get the ‘Backup’ option under the ‘Files’ section to create complete manual backups of your data files, databases and emails.
With WebsitePanel, there is no option to create full website backup including the emails, so you will have to backup your files and databases individually. To backup emails, you can use POP based email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird (free), MS Outlook etc.
Some of recommended and free cloud backup solutions can be found here:
If you need any help in setting up backups, please contact us and our staff will guide you on how to setup your backups.
Backup your important data before you wish you did!